Thursday, May 29, 2008

Literacy in all the Write Spaces

Hello!

We will share our collective learning in many ways during summer institute. In many respects information and communication technology will facilitate the sharing. So jump right in and share via the blog!

Please share some general information about yourself, such as, what do you consider the best part of your chosen profession? What makes writing important to you? Why, and in what ways do you write? Can you think of a surprise you found the last time you remembered to "look for literacy in all the write spaces"? You can share anything you like, I just thought these few questions might serve as a jump start.

BJ

5 Comments:

Blogger The Teacher said...

Writing to express my artistic, creative self is often non-existent during the school year, hence I anxiously await SI to get in touch with that Patrice. I write to heal from old wounds, to show love, to grieve loss or defeats, to teach, to correct and offer advice to my sons, to release the power of the pen!

8:30 AM  
Blogger Lacey said...

Dr. BJ,
I have created a blog for us: http://literacyexplorer.blogspot.com/

So far, my mind has been on the graphic novel we're going to be responsible, but I'm doing some other research now.

I write for therapy. I have lived a life so far that has many scars and I think that when I write, I try to fix the bumps and cuts. I also think that writing helps me think. I don't know anything until I write it down. Scares me to think how little time to write I've had this year.

11:07 PM  
Blogger MJB said...

Hey, I write when I am really stressed. I have started to write childhood memories. I love the SWGWP! I am new at this so I am going to take baby steps. MDaniels

2:18 PM  
Blogger BJ Bagwell said...

Seems Lacey, Melissa, and I share the value of therapeutic writing! What a relief it is!

7:25 PM  
Blogger MJB said...

Yes it is a relief, I think I might need to go write something now and see if it works with ANGER!

8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home