Saturday, May 31, 2008

Why I Write

I write becuase I have stories to tell (I've met a lot of 'characters' along the way); I write because each time I connect one word to another, link one thought to the next, I am searching inside myself, figuring out a little bit more about me; I write to learn how I think and feel about things and find what's lurking in the depths of Sasha that just has to get out; I write because I can.
I haven't exactly chosen a profession, as of yet. I am currently applying to copy writing, technical writing, and even sports marketing jobs (the last one combining both of my passions: writing and sports); I am an anomaly---the jock and the artist, as one. This is the last course I need for my degree in Professional Writing. Yesterday, over a preliminary phone interview, a woman from The Ad Group in Los Angeles actually asked me, "So, when are you coming out to California?" Aww, that sounded real nice.

1 Comments:

Blogger BJ Bagwell said...

I write for many of the same reasons that you do. I, too, have met some characters, and continue to do so. What I liked most about your reasons for writing is "because you can". I consider that a great personal gift, and privilege.

7:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home